Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St Patty's or St Francis? (Hospital)

After a rough (that's putting it mildly) week in NYC. I sobered up enough to participate in Columbia's 5 points St Patty's day festival...or so I thought. The day started good. We ate Breakfast, green pancakes and all, and then went down the the action. Throughout the day I was pretty much just trying to pace myself. I was determined to stay alive past midnight. Well all this was going well.. a few randoms run ins with people I haven't seen in years. Then, all of a sudden, one of my friends says "Lauren! look t your foot your standing in a puddle of blood!" I was kinda shocked considering I had not felt anything nor did I remember doing anything that would cause a gash on my foot that led me to believe that I kicked a beer bottle like a soccer ball.

I am very stubborn normally. Add alcohol and multiply that times a thousand. Everyone kept telling me to go to the hospital. My response was "There's no way I'm leaving St Patty's day to go sit in an emergency room for 8 hours!" So, I solved the problem, by tying a bar rag around my foot. I know...not smart. Three bar rags later and my friends were freaking out. Finally J came and took my to the emergency room. We walked in (I Limped in) and I decided I was going to the bathroom. I think I said something like "I'm not staying here every retard in Columbia is here.. its ST Patty's day!" Obviously I was unaware that I was also one of those retards. Soooooo.....I stuck my foot under the sink, washed off the blood, covered it with toilet paper and headed back to the bar... that's right I WENT BACK TO THE BAR! I awoke the next morning in excruciating pain and immediately went to doctors care. I now have 9 stitches in my foot that resemble a job a four year old would do on their teddy bear. I guess I also have a story of St. Patty's day.

No comments: